Thursday, March 29, 2012

Shamrock Shuffle!

Bar Louie's Post Race

     Another crazy fun week full of friends and running like a mad man!  I'm tellin' ya, there's nothing like it!  There were about 10 of us from our group, Fit Lifestyle, at the Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle 8k.  So, it made for a good after party just hanging out at the race site having a few beers.  I owe a few of them a beer, I think Katie and Jonathan, since they brought me one against my will LoL!  Yeah, I had about my month's worth in that one day.  After the race we went to Bar Louie's and had a great post-race meal, a burger with a fried egg for me.
Muscles!
     
     The race itself went great and I ended up doing better than I thought I would since I trained straight through it, meaning no easier week (taper) to freshen up for it since I only planned to do it for fun.  Everybody in the group did well, too, seems like everyone was happy with their performances.  I'm missing some friends in these photos.  Maureen and Ed, if you're reading this and have photos from Sunday, I'd like to see them!  Well, here's my race report if anyone would like to read it  http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=431862

     Training was pretty crazy adding in the race.  I had to shuffle around a few days and I actually almost skipped my long run but was talked into doing it...glad I did!  Ever since starting to train for this marathon there was this one run I saw in my plan that I dreaded.  18mi long run with the last 14mi at my goal race pace.  It was tough but I nailed the paces, actually went 10sec faster per mile than I planned to.  Well, that's done and everything is smooth sailing from here except for the once a week hard runs I do.

Marty doing the smart thing and healing from his long run.  Most other runners are stubborn and would have raced!  Good decision and  thanks for taking pictures Marty!



Bar Louie's Post Race

1 comment:

  1. Where's the like button?! Lol good job to everyone fun race! Even though I just spectated! :)

    ReplyDelete